Monday 13 March 2017

Film Poster step by step

Film Poster step by step
 

We used Adobe Photoshop to create our film poster as it is good software that allowed us to create a high quality poster. I started off by adding the two main focus images to my poster combined with a black background, I chose a car headlights and a Ouija board as they are the two key things within our film and are quite symbolic. I edited the car picture so it was black and white and matched with the background, then I used the eraser tool and selected that layer to blend it more in with the background. I changed the exposure on the Ouija board image so it looked more dirty and used therefore connoting to viewers its old.
 
 I then added the title and cast names in a font that is similar to the one used on the Ouija board, it was big and bold to draw attention in and I made the font white as it contrasts against the black nicely. I also added in our 'Moonlight Pictures' logo to show it was us who produced it. Also I made the Ouija board opaque to take the focus off it and add it to the car headlights.
 
 
 
 
 
 I moved the title down as there was too much blank space and the title needed to be slightly more central.  I also added the production details at the bottom like most film posters have to make it look more professional. I used the steel tongs font on Photoshop to do this







I then added the tagline which is included in our film which gives the poster a direct link and makes the audience question whether it is actually just a game. I altered and changed the layout of everything at the bottom, including adding the Short Film Central logo, the 12A certificate, the release date and #Presence as this allows people to discuss our film on social media platforms like Twitter. This overall made the poster look more professional. Then I made the image of the Ouija board more distorted and finalised the poster by adding star reviews in a red and bold font to make the poster stand out more.

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment